An exact reproduction of the original Carrick Hill sun dial, an example of just one of the Friend's many gifts to the estate.
The Friends of Carrick Hill Inc. was established in 1989 with the object of “promoting activities and schemes to support and stimulate interest in Carrick Hill for the maintenance of the property and its development”.
The Friends, through a wide range of fund raising activities and other initiatives, have been actively pursuing those objectives ever since, and over the years, have provided funding for many projects and initiatives that have been undertaken to enhance the amenity of the estate. The Friends have also financed the purchase of a number of the paintings and objects that are held within the Carrick Hill collection. The organization is managed by a committee drawn from the membership, is run entirely by volunteers, and is a registered charity.
By becoming a member of the Friends you will be helping to promote, support and maintain this beautiful estate; both current and future generations will benefit from your patronage. As member of the Friends you will also be able to enjoy the following benefits:-
• FREE entry into the house and grounds whenever you wish (other than for special events, such as festivals, fairs and concerts, when an entrance fee may be charged).
• FREE unlimited entry to some special exhibitions in the house.
• FREE regular newsletters and information about “member only” offers and coming events at Carrick Hill.
• PRICE CONCESSIONS to events staged by the management of Carrick Hill and to Friends’ functions. The Friends organize numerous day and evening functions throughout the year. These fund-raisers, which involve both guest speakers and events at the house and other venues, cover a wide range of interesting subjects.
• DISCOUNTS on all stock at the gift shop (exluding books) and on all food and drink purchases at the café.
Click here to download Membership Form
FRIENDS’ MEMBERSHIP PACKAGES
Individual - Adelaide Metropolitan area $35
Family or Joint - Adelaide Metropolitan area $60
Individual Concession (*see below) $25
Joint Concession (*see below) $40
Individual - Country and interstate (**see below) $25
Family or Joint - Country or interstate** $35
(*full-time students, Pension, C’w Health Care or Veteran Affairs card holders only, not Seniors Cards)
(**more than 50 kms from GPO, Adelaide)